Subject: Re: screwed up my box

Re: screwed up my box

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-11-24

rob powell wrote:
> I’ve noticed that with 2.5, settings are often not saved, and this was
> especially true with the daily build that I installed. I reset the
> time 3 times last night, and the show files option kept defaulting to
> “music”.

That's a new one. We've never heard about such a problem before.

> How do I get my box back to a stable talking flashed state again?
>

> As a note, I’m totally blind, so any help would be most useful if it
> took that into account.

If you still have 2.5 installed in flash, do like this:

1 Start it

2 Press F1

3 Then press down, down, down, play, down, down, play, play. This should
reset the settings to the default values

4 Press stop, stop, and then hold stop until it start shutting off

5 Start it again and you should be fine

Good luck!

Linus