Subject: Re: Broken MP3 Recordings, Working Repair Util

Re: Broken MP3 Recordings, Working Repair Util

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-11-27

On 11/25/05, Bluechip <csbluechip@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, 'twould seem like great news. I got zero feedback on the latest
> repair util so I guess it must be working just fine for everybody.
>
> I shall leave it asis (no Xing/VbrFix) for the time and announce again
> when
> I get the util doing some more of the fun things I had planned for it
> before this recording issue took priority :)

Some feedback: I ran over 10 GB of test files through the utility and
it had no problem with any. Those that had errors played fine in Winamp
and mp3directcut. I also dug up a damaged recording from 2003 with
I could fix without a glitch.(Two years ago I got it to play with mp3fixer,
but some glitches remained.)

I suggest this tool should go into the list of
Rockbox specific tools on
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UsefulTools
even if it's not "polished".

For future version it would be useful if you could define a destination
directory for that fixed files - (this would make fixing on external USB
drives much faster)

Martin