Subject: Re: OT quick question about drive letters

Re: OT quick question about drive letters

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2005-11-30

> I didn't realize a device could tell Windows what drive letter to use?
> How is that managed by the device? Windows would actually have to pay
> attention and do what someone told it to do?!?

In Windows 2000 and XP, you can go into the control panel,
administrative tools, and look at the storage devices. Here, you can
change drive letters (WARNING: you can really mess up your system if you
don't know what you're doing) ... but I'm pretty certain you can't remap
drive letters on USB devices. I may be wrong though?

-id