Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: OT quick question about drive letters
Re: OT quick question about drive letters
Yes, it's possible. Do the following:
1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Disk Management.
2. Choose your iRiver's drive letter from the right pane and then
3. Choose "Change drive letter" or something like that.
4. Click on Change.
5. From there you can choose to which drive letter you want your iRiver to
6. Click OK and confirm your changes by clicking Yes.
Now, whenever you connect your iRiver to your computer, it should always
have the drive letter you assigned, unless you connect some new storage
devices, for example, external hard disks etc.
Hopefully this helped somehow...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:32 PM
Subject: OT quick question about drive letters
Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to force a drive to a
specific drive letter. For example, when I hook up my Iriver I always want
it to be drive letter I no matter what machine I hook it up to. Is this
possible with Windows XP and if so how?
Thanks so much,
Received on Wed Nov 30 19:41:33 2005
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew