Subject: Re: OT quick question about drive letters

Re: OT quick question about drive letters

From: Andreas Stemmer <>
Date: 2005-11-30

C_no_C wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to force a drive to a
> specific drive letter. For example, when I hook up my Iriver I always
want it
> to be drive letter I no matter what machine I hook it up to. Is this
> possible with Windows XP and if so how?

I don't know if it works, but it would perhaps be possible to use the
autorun feature of the usb device to launch some tricky script which
analyzes its own path and then adds a new drive letter which points to the
right letter...

Probably something with "subst" to assign the letter and "pwd" to find out
the working directory. I'm too lazy now to find it out in detail.