Subject: Re: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX

Re: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2005-12-05

Bluechip wrote:
> The difference is in the creation of the file, not in the useage of the
> file.

Yeah, he's basically asking for the equivalent of a symlink under Linux.

Personally, I'd vote for something like this. I can never decide if I
want to arrange all of my music as artist/album/nn - title or leave the
song in variousartists/compilation_album_name/nn - artist - title or
what ... with shortcuts/symlinks/etc it'd let me have both without the
extra files hanging around.

I'll be trying Rockbox for the first time this coming week, and I'll see
how mentally energetic I feel to figure something like this out if
there's enough interest?

-id