Subject: Re: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX

Re: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2005-12-05

Bluechip wrote:
> you may enjoy reading this:
> http://leporidae.tokigun.net/.ref/spec/execute/lnk/shortcut.pdf

Cool, thanks. I was going to search for something exactly like that.

It appears, then, that the actual Windows LNK file may not be a useful
thing then, if it's storing the full disk/network path of the file,
which in the case of Windows would include a drive letter - unless we
patched Rockbox to ignore the drive letter element?

Personally, I'd love to just see ext2/ext3 support ;o) But I'll see if I
have any luck with this in the next little while, first Christmas being
married and such, we're pretty busy.

-id