Subject: Re: Recently used Menu entries

Re: Recently used Menu entries

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: 2005-12-05

Hello.

Bluechip wrote:
> I would suggest that what you are looking for is an user-config menu
> which configures itself automatically.

Exactly. That would remove the need for a human readable configuration
file or the likes.

> [...] Might that be "user-config with AI"?

Not "AI" but the concept of "Last recently used".

>>> The big problem that was not solved last time was recursion on
>>> the menus
>>
>> Recursion? Could you elaborate (or give me a pointer to some
>> reading?)
>
> If picking a menu option would put you in a place where you could
> pick that same option again, you can keep on picking that option
> ad-infinitum.

So far the definition of recursion (as in I knew that bit already). But
where/how does this happen in our case? (sorry for asking the question
that vague at first)

Here a description of "our case" from my point of view:
Imagine F1-Menu as a tree. I think of adding leaves of this tree to the
LRU[1]-Menu... AND the LRU[1]-Menu only is accessible by pressing ie.
F3. There is no entry for it in the standard F1-Menu.

Show me cycles in this graph.

bye
Christian

[1] Last Recently Used