Subject: My Archos feels the need to remix my songs for me.. very strange issue

My Archos feels the need to remix my songs for me.. very strange issue

From: David Nielsen <david_at_lovesunix.net>
Date: 2005-12-10

Hi list

I recently dug my Archos Recorder 10 out again, hooked it up to my Linux
box and updated my rockbox as well as my song data.

Now the very strange issue that I'm seeing now is that when I play a
song it will play some of it, then jump to another song, and so on. The
really weird part is that it appears to save this to the files, as when
I copy the content back on my computer they playback as they did on the
archos, and the md5sum changed so at least I know whatever is happening
is happening on the archos or due to bad usb Feug-Shui (I doubt this as
when running md5sum checks on the files after transfer but prior to
playing them they match).

Anyways, This is an Archos Recorder 10, the harddrive is the same that
came with it, I've done no hardware modifications aside replacing the
batteries today with nice new 2600 mAH ones (and this issue presisted
even prior to the battery change).

I've tried the 2.5 release as well as the daily snapshots from today and
yesterday, nothing changed.

So is this hardware or software, and how do I debug it?

Kind Regards
David Nielsen