Subject: Re: My Archos feels the need to remix my songs for me.. very strange issue

Re: My Archos feels the need to remix my songs for me.. very strange issue

From: David Nielsen <david_at_lovesunix.net>
Date: 2005-12-10

On a hunch I wrote random data all over the drive using dd, recreated
the system with cfdisk and created fresh partitions using mkfs.vfat. Now
the issue seems to be gone, so this seems to have been an indication
that the drive isn't completely on the up and up.

I'll try replacing the drive if the issue pops back up, for now I blame
my ancient archos for this one, the poor thing is like 3-4 years old
now.

- David