Subject: Re: new rockbox playlist format (was: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX - an other approach)

Re: new rockbox playlist format (was: .LNK FILES IN ROCKBOX - an other approach)

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-10

On 12/7/05, Ray Lambert <listlizard@interthingy.net> wrote:

> I thought of that but I couldn't remember for certain if M3U supported
> comments.
>
> PS: Here's my first attempt at defining a format (comments please):

Proposed Rockbox Playlist Format:

..

if Rockbox got more playlist commands, these are some I'd use:

- pick random song from directory (incl/excl subdirectory)
- pick next song from directory (needs to keep track of last track played in
directory)
- pick random song from playlist
- pick next song from playlist (needs to keep track of last track played in
list)
- pick random song from database query

These three are needed for this:
- loop structure (Example: Loop 20 {pick one random from current hits
directory; pick one random from alltimefavorites-playlist } )

Martin