Subject: Re: ID3 Database = Rockbox crash

Re: ID3 Database = Rockbox crash

From: Thomas C R Spurden <thomasspurden_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-12

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:04:17 +0100 (CET)
Daniel Stenberg <daniel@rockbox.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Nicolas GIF wrote:
>
> > I tried to make a db fot only one album, without any special chars
> > nor very long titles and Rockbox freeze too.
>
> And what about if you try that in the simulator?
>
> The db code is unmaintained and buggy. There just doesn't seem to be
> anyone interested enough to grab the baton.

The simulator outputs the following when I load the database and go to
the file view:
db_load() table: 0 extra: 0x0 firstpos: 0
dbload table root
zsh: segmentation fault ./rockboxui

When I re-ran it with gdb attached I noticed that the database display
seemed to work. I set the display to 'supported', then back to the
database, backtrace attached.

Hope that is some help.

--
Thomas C R Spurden  (0xBB944725)