Subject: Re: A Dead h140

Re: A Dead h140

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: 2005-12-14

Jonathan Mosen wrote:

> My dilemma is that I would like to do a clean Rockbox installation, but
> now can't because the machine appears to be locking up immediately at
> power on. I thought I remember reading somewhere that you could hold
> the record button down to get back to the original Iriver firmware but
> this doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there any magic key sequence
> that will get me into some position where I can fix this, as right now
> I'm scared I've destroyed the machine.
You can boot to the original iRiver firmware by ensuring that the unit
is turned off, then keeping the record (lower left one) pressed while
you switch the unit on.
Another thing worth trying is inserting the USB cable, then switching
the unit on. The Rockbox bootloader should then enter USB mode and let
you access it via your computer. If this does not work, something
is seriously wrong.
Hope you get it going again!

Thom