Subject: Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

From: Nathan Hand <nathanh_at_manu.com.au>
Date: 2005-12-15

Hi Kolby,

It is working well enough to be usable. Installing the bootloader is the
only tricky (and slightly dangerous) bit of the installation. Once the
bootloader is installed you can jump between rockbox and the iriver
firmware without further fear of bricking the H320.

Once rockbox is installed you can play ogg, mp3, wav, etc. All the
buttons work. Gapless playback works. USB mass storage works. On the fly
playlists work. Sound quality is good and basic functionality is
complete.

What doesn't work is the FM radio, video playback, USB-To-Go, the
remote, the battery life is reduced and the GUI looks terrible :-)

Cheers,
Nathan Hand

PS: I'm not a developer, just a happy user.