Subject: Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:33:50 +0100

Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> Linus, are you sure you wanted to say RESET-button ?

Yes.

> I know it works like that with the Record-Button.

No, you don't double-click the Record button to start the original, you
just hold it.

> And I did'nt manage to get it working like that with the reset button.
> And I don't know how the code had to be written to intercept a click
> on the REAL reset-button :-S

The thing is that the bootloader stores a cookie in the internal RAM
when it starts, and clears it when it starts the real firmware.

However, if it detects that the cookie is already there when it boots,
it assumes that the bootloader has rebooted from a crash, and starts the
original firmware.

If you press RESET in the middle of the boot process, the player
restarts without resetting the cookie. You must of course hold ON when
you do this, otherwise the player will turn off.

Linus