Subject: Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

Re: RockBox On The Iriver H320?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2005-12-15

strange thing, tho.

On 12/15/05, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus@haxx.se> wrote:
> Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> > I know it works like that with the Record-Button.
>
> No, you don't double-click the Record button to start the original, you
> just hold it.

Mhmm. Just coincidence then it worked out once when I tried prior to
writing that mail...

> > And I did'nt manage to get it working like that with the reset button.
> > And I don't know how the code had to be written to intercept a click
> > on the REAL reset-button :-S
>
> The thing is that the bootloader stores a cookie in the internal RAM
> when it starts, and clears it when it starts the real firmware.
>
> However, if it detects that the cookie is already there when it boots,
> it assumes that the bootloader has rebooted from a crash, and starts the
> original firmware.
>
> If you press RESET in the middle of the boot process, the player
> restarts without resetting the cookie. You must of course hold ON when
> you do this, otherwise the player will turn off.

Sounds way cool, man.
But whenever I press the reset button, my unit goes off instead of
rebooting. No matter which buttons I keep pressed.

Whatever. Don't mind, it's just one strange box, and the rest of it is
perfectly working.
Thanks for the cookie-advise.

lImbus