Subject: Re: replying to threads on the list

Re: replying to threads on the list

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: 2005-12-16

alex wallis:

> I have my list subscription set to digest mode so how can i reply to
> an existing thread without starting a knew message with the same
> subject line so its part of the thread?

You can't. I don't know the format of the digest mails but even if you
used the correct subject (whether automatically or manually), the
thread would still be broken. (Good) E-Mail programs use the
In-Reply-To header to build trees out of mail discussions. You would
have to find out the Message-ID of the mail you are replying to and
edit the header of your mail accordingly.

J.

--
Fashion is more important to me than war, famine, disease or art.
[Agree]   [Disagree]