Subject: Re: Playing order in playlists

Re: Playing order in playlists

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:14:47 +0100

Jani Kinnunen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to make Rockbox play the files added to playlists in
> the order in which the files are displayed in the directory browser? For
> example, If I've selected the Alphabetical option under the File View menu,
> Rockbox should then play the files in the same order. I've noticed that if I
> create a playlist with the Create playlist option, Rockbox will play the
> added files in inversed order.

The files are added in the opposite order they appear on the disk. If
you want ot sorted, use the "sort" plugin:

- Select the playlist file in the browser
- Hold Play (Archos) or Navi (iriver) until the context menu appears
- Select "Open with" and select "sort"

> I've also noticed that if the playlist contains file names which have
> scandinavian letters, Rockbox keeps skipping them. That occurs only when I
> try to play such a files from a playlist. They'll play fine from the dir
> browser.

Ooops.

> BTW, it would be great if the virtual keyboard could be made to support
> scandinavian letters. Would that be possible?

I thought it did. What player are you using?

Linus