Subject: Re: Playing order in playlists

Re: Playing order in playlists

From: Jani Kinnunen <jkinnunen_at_pp.inet.fi>
Date: 2005-12-18

> The virtual keyboard has all ISO8859-1 characters, at least on my player.
> I don't know how it is voiced, though.

They aren't voiced at all. I examined the .lang files, the English and
Finnish ones, and noticed that there aren't specified any other voiced
letters than the usual A to Z. Then I tried to add, for example, the
following lines at the end of the finnish.lang file:

id: VOICE_CHAR_
desc: spoken only, for spelling
eng: ""
voice: ""
new: ""

After this I made the voice file and transferred it into the iRiver. Then I
examined the characters of the virtual keyboard by trying to rename a file
which has scandinavian letters in its name, but the voice UI still doesn't
speak anything new. Have I done something wrong or what's the matter? Is it
even possible to make the voice UI to speak any other chars than the ones
that have already specified?

Jani