Subject: Re: Playing order in playlists

Re: Playing order in playlists

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: 2005-12-19

Does ALL the voiced items have to sit in memory buffer "permanently"? OK,
the way things are done right now. But how about if we let the voice ui read
the text to speak from disk. That way, when it is to say 'a', it will go
into the voice.lang file, pick the right spot, and read/say whatever is in
that spot. Yes, it may slow down operation somehow, and limit battery life
on each charge. But we would gain the benefit of making all characters &
menu choices voiced, and the software even better for those of us, who do
not see everything.