Subject: Morse code letter mixup (W,V) / Audio feedback for blind users?

Morse code letter mixup (W,V) / Audio feedback for blind users?

From: Martin Borus <>
Date: 2005-12-20

there seems to be a mixup of the letters W and V on the morse code page
of the Iriver.

Rockbox accepts "...-" as W and ".--" as V, I checked some random sources
like and it should be the other way around.

I didn't use morse before Rockbox so now I learned it wrong :))

When you change this, please consider this:
It would save a lot of clicks if going right at the end of the last world
would add a space (for any other letter than space itself).
Currently space is seven dots. To be consistent, if the last
letter is a space, going left on this should remove it.

To enter "hello world" I currently type
and would like to type

Maybe the blind users could comment on how they would want audio
feedback on the morse code. With proper feedback it should be possible to
rename files without looking at the screen at all.