Subject: Re: Iriver H340

Re: Iriver H340

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2005-12-21

On 12/21/05, John Gurd <> wrote:
> I've had a look at the instructions for manually installing the Rockbox
> firmware for the iriver H340. There are four or five choices for this model.
> H320 and H340 INT - 1.28k
> H320 and H340 INT - 1.28eu
> H320 and H340 INT - 1.29k
> H320 and H340 INT - 1.29eu
> H320 and H340 INT - 1.29j
> table end
> Which one do I download? Do I need to know What the letters after the
> firmware mean? Finally, will I find the iriver firmware (h300.hex) on the
> site or do I somehow need to extract it from my player?

You should pick the one that is currently installed on your iriver.
You can see which one it is in the boot screen.
This file is the original manufacturers firmware file that has to be
modified (patched) to start rockbox per default.
Picking another one bears the same risks as doing an update (new
manufacturers firmware) with the "wrong" file.