Subject: RE: obtaining iriver firmware updates

RE: obtaining iriver firmware updates

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_tamkeen.ae>
Date: 2005-12-22

Hi Just a quick question for you guys. This weekend I am going to take
the plunge and install Rockbox on my H340. My current firmware is the
EU version and I was wondering if it would be okay to use the latest
Korean version as I hear the volume limitation that is included in EU
versions of the firmware is not present and the FM band for the radio is
broader. If I do want to use the Korean would I be better to initially
just up date the existing EU version with the KR version and then patch
the Korean version with the bootloader for Rockbox or just go ahead and
patch the Korean version and update the existing EU firmware with the
patched Korean version?

Hope that made sense to some of you.

Cheers

Hamish