Subject: Re: The playlist bug

Re: The playlist bug

From: Magnus Holmgren <>
Date: 2005-12-22

Jani Kinnunen wrote:

>>I've also noticed that if the playlist contains file names which have
>>scandinavian letters, Rockbox keeps skipping them. That occurs only when I
>>try to play such a files from a playlist. They'll play fine from the dir
> When will that bug be fixed? This is very annoying to me, since I've lots of
> MP3 files which have scandinavian characters in their names, and I don't
> want to play them separately each time.

It is quite easy to work around actually. Just make sure the playlists
are containing UTF8-encoded text (rather than e.g., Latin-1), and you'll
be fine.

So, I'm not sure I'd call it a bug really. Missing feature yes, as the
playlist loader could try using the configured codepage too, or do some
sort of auto-detection.