Subject: Re: The playlist bug

Re: The playlist bug

From: charlie martin <>
Date: 2005-12-23

I found the bug...
I checked my playlist file in an Hex. editor,
and I realized that the problem comes from the manner the accents are
encoded. My playlist generator uses a character+accent composition and
RB supports only precomposed characters.
In the first case an e accute is coded by 3 bytes (1 for "e", 1 for the
accent position, and 1 for the accent glyph), for precomposed
characters only 2 bytes are used, since common accented latin
characters are precoded (for ISO latin-1 backward compatibility)

The problem is identified but, i got no solution for the moment ...

Le 22 déc. 05, à 20:00, Hardeep Sidhu a écrit :

> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>>> When will that bug be fixed? This is very annoying to me, since I've
>>> lots of MP3 files which have scandinavian characters in their names,
>>> and I don't want to play them separately each time.
>> It is quite easy to work around actually. Just make sure the
>> playlists are containing UTF8-encoded text (rather than e.g.,
>> Latin-1), and you'll be fine.
>> So, I'm not sure I'd call it a bug really. Missing feature yes, as
>> the playlist loader could try using the configured codepage too, or
>> do some sort of auto-detection.
> Would someone provide a playlist that reproduces this problem please.
> -Hardeep

Téléchargez sur