I have an iRiver H340, I am a totally blind user, and wanted to install
Rockbox, accepting of course that it is in its early stages of development.
At the moment, although I have installed Rockbox, it does not appear to be
working and I wondered if anyone could please help. Here is what I did.
1. I downloaded firmware version 1.29EU as I live in the UK, unzipped the
archive to reveal the H300.hex file.
2. I then downloaded the program to patch the firmware, and accordingly
patched it. I got a confirmation message to say that the patch had been
3. I put the newly patched .hex file on the iRiver.
4. I asked my wife to go to the general menu, then update firmware. A
confirmation message appeared asking me not to touch the unit while the
update was going ahead. It then switched itself off. I know there has been
a firmware change since I now have a "record" folder whereas I had
previously deleted that.
5. I downloaded the latest Rockbox for the iRiver 300 series as a zipped
archive, unzipped it to the iRiver. I now have the rockbox.iriver file and
the Rockbox folder on the iRiver.
Given that it is not talking right now, I have some questions.
1. How do I verify that I do in fact have the Rockbox bootloader on the unit
so we know it is active?
2. Is there anything else I can do to check that Rockbox is running even
though it is not speaking?
Thanks for any help.
Received on Fri Dec 30 13:19:10 2005