Subject: Re: dead h320

Re: dead h320

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:16:37 +1100

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 18:28 -0800, ian douglas wrote:
[snip]
> I have not tried plugging in a USB cable yet to see if it'll charge that way,
> but since I have a few minutes online, I figured I'd ask a quick question via
> Email to everyone else to see if they've ever had an H320 just 'brick' on them
> (without rockbox). I've got a US player with US 1.04 firmware on it.

If the battery on the H3xx players gets low enough, it can refuse to
turn on, the power control circuitry requires a certain amount of power
before it'll enable the device. Make sure you charge it for a few hours
before declaring it completely dead, it may fail to respond even when
the charger's plugged in before the battery is completely charged.

have a read of this post on misticriver.net:
http://www.misticriver.net/showpost.php?p=353603&postcount=50
It's a little technical, but it may cover what's happening on your
player (although I was under the impression that the iriver firmware
didn't let this happen, tbh).

Long story short, charge it for a few hours with the official charger
before declaring it dead.

Andrew