Subject: Re: Playlist - blind user needs help!

Re: Playlist - blind user needs help!

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: 2006-01-04

Manuel Dejonghe:

> I noticed it a few times to be not very intuitive to have no "clear
> playlist" option in the playlist menu as well.
> IIRC I was even able to construct a scenario where it was badly
> needed, but can't say for sure at the moment :-)

I would like to have this (or a similar) feature as well.

One scenario:

Say you are at a party and you are using Rockbox as a Jukebox. You don't
want to play complete albums but only single songs from some
directories. When you select the first song from one directory, you get
a playlist with the complete contents of the directory. You can then go
ahead and insert single tracks, one after another. But there are still
songs in the playlist you didn't want to be there in the first place.
One solution would be to create an empty playlist in the beginning
(preferably without interrupting a currently playing song) and
then to insert song by song.

I already proposed something similar in feature request #1342451, but I
guess I could not make myself clear. So, if anybody else thinks this
might be a good idea, step ahead and tell us your usage scenario. I'd
love to have this feature added to Rockbox.

J.

--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]