Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: VoiceBox-Archos driver for XP

Re: VoiceBox-Archos driver for XP

From: Kevin Doucet <kdoucet_at_charter.net>
Date: 2006-01-08

Hi,

I went to the control panel and clicked on speech and got the following error;

an exception occurred when trying to run... then a long path to the file causing the problem.

Is this enough to let you know what is the matter?

I am not sure how using wineyes to copy the text of an error.

At 08:22 PM 1/6/2006 -0600, you wrote:

>I think you may need to select a voice in speech in your control panel.
>VoiceBox relies on that to generate voice clips.
>Glenn
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Kevin Doucet" <kdoucet@charter.net>
>To: "Rockbox" <rockbox@cool.haxx.se>
>Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 7:43 PM
>Subject: Re: Archos driver for XP
>
>
>Hi,
>
>I made some changes to my HD, moving some folders and the like. Now when I
>try to use voicebox, I get the message, "you do not seem to have a voice
>installed".
>
>Can any one help me understand what I did and how to fix it?
>
>Thanks.
>
>At 07:57 PM 1/6/2006 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>The chip inside the Archos ->Recorders<- is an "isd 300" ...if you cannot
>>find a certified driver for the Archos, find one for that chip :)
>>
>>BC
>>
>>>I just tried to connect my archos jbrecorder to a computer running Windows
>>>XP. XP gave me the message that the unit could not be installed. That is,
>>>XP didn't recognize the unit on its own. So, I inserted the driver CD
>>>that came with the unit. Upon running the setup, I am told that the driver
>>>hasn't passed the xp test. Not an unfamiliar scenario for most xp users, I
>>>know. But does anyone out there know, if there is available an xp driver
>>>for the archos? And, in case, where to find it?
>>
>>
>>--
>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15/223 - Release Date: 1/6/2006
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15 - Release Date: 1/6/2006
>
>
>--
>No virus found in this outgoing message.
>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15 - Release Date: 1/6/2006
>
>
>
>
>--
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15/223 - Release Date: 1/6/2006
>
>
>
>
>--
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15 - Release Date: 1/6/2006

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15 - Release Date: 1/6/2006
Received on Sun Jan 8 04:38:37 2006

Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa