Subject: Re: rockbox and oiriver ihp140

Re: rockbox and oiriver ihp140

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: 2006-01-08

There is not really an installation, as such, like you do with a program.
You just modify the HEX file, with the firmware patch and copy it onto your unit's root, via the USB cable, and then either run the installer, for the iRiver, which really is just unzipping some files onto the drive. You could do this without the installer too.
Then the last step is to follow the flashing instructions , which might need some sighted assistance, but you boot up your device, and hold down the navigation button for a few seconds, and I think you just press down on the center once, and then down arrow 6 times to "flash firmware", and left arrow into it and press the navi button again, and it will run for a minute or so and shut off on its own.
I think the instructions that I got said down arrow 5 times, but I am sure that I had to down arrow 6 times.
HTH
Glenn