Subject: Noise at low volume

Noise at low volume

From: Brent Coutts <>
Date: 2006-01-10

Hi guys,

Although I haven't been active for a long time, I have been lurking and
watching progress. There have been a large number of enhancements, such as
themes & code page support (although the change to the db scale for volume
confused me!).

Anyway, I have just purchase some Westone UM1 earplugs and they are
wonderful. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of a good set of cans is
that I can hear noise, particularly on my JBRv1. If I want to listen at a
low volume (say -40) I hear a constant ZZZZZZ, interrupted only by the disk
spinning up. I trawled the back posts and it seems that this may have been
caused by the LCD - was there ever a conclusion and/or resolution?

Keep up the good work,

Buy now @