Subject: Re: Noise at low volume

Re: Noise at low volume

From: David Bleakley <>
Date: 2006-01-10

     I have also noticed mains hum when the FM Jukebox is plugged in. This is particularly obvious when the device is paused. Would it be possible to switch off power to the headphones when paused, or would this cause popping as it is switched on and off.

Brent Coutts <> wrote:
  Hi guys,

Although I haven't been active for a long time, I have been lurking and
watching progress. There have been a large number of enhancements, such as
themes & code page support (although the change to the db scale for volume
confused me!).

Anyway, I have just purchase some Westone UM1 earplugs and they are
wonderful. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of a good set of cans is
that I can hear noise, particularly on my JBRv1. If I want to listen at a
low volume (say -40) I hear a constant ZZZZZZ, interrupted only by the disk
spinning up. I trawled the back posts and it seems that this may have been
caused by the LCD - was there ever a conclusion and/or resolution?

Keep up the good work,

Buy now @

David & Claire's Web Page (Upd 04-October-05)
[with BABY Jessica videos]
Mbl: 07830136624