Subject: Unable to charge after replacing battery in Recorder V2

Unable to charge after replacing battery in Recorder V2

From: Matt Myers <>
Date: 2006-01-11

Hi folks,

Yesterday I installed a new battery into my Recorder V2:
In order to do so, I basically took the unit apart (bumpers, face
plate, bent back the negative terminal contacts at the top, and used
tweezers to pull the old battery out).

Now, whenever I plug in the charging cable, Rockbox displays the USB
symbol and can't listen to music at all. When I disconnect the
charging cable, the USB symbol goes away and back to the music

It seems that after installing the battery, the Recorder thinks that I
am plugging in the USB cable when I am plugging in the charging cable.

I can access my files just fine when I plug in the USB cable, I just
can't charge and listen to music at the same time!

Help, please!