Subject: Re: voice failure [was: Archos driver for XP]

Re: voice failure [was: Archos driver for XP]

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: 2006-01-12

Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> On 1/7/06, Kevin Doucet <kdoucet@charter.net> wrote:
>> I made some changes to my HD, moving some folders and the like. Now when I try to use voicebox, I get the message, "you do not seem to have a voice installed".
>>
>> Can any one help me understand what I did and how to fix it?
>
> I have no clue neither as long as you did not touch the
> ".rockbox"-folder and all of the contents...

That's the error message you'll get if you don't have a default voice selected
for the text-to-speech engine. It would seem that somehow you "borked" that when
you moved stuff. Can you open up the speech applet in control panel and look on
the "Text To Speech" tab? What do you see in the "Voice Selection" option? If
you press the "Preview Voice" button does it work?