Subject: Re: Latest archos os for recorder 20

Re: Latest archos os for recorder 20

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-01-13

On 1/12/06, James Michaloutsos <jmicha@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Have a quick question. Used the windows installer to istall the latest
> rockbox software onto my archos recorder 20. The archos os prior to this
> install was 1.28. it still is 1.28. is this the latest version? It's
> suggested if I want to uninstall the rockbox software installed I need only
> delete the ajbrec.ajz (recorder) and the .rockbox directory. The .ajz file,
> what version of the OS is it?

The way you installed it now, the original archos os should start the
rockbox-software (in ajbrec.ajz) as it thinks it is an update. rockbox
should then show a version string in the lower part of the display.

You are absolutely right that deleting these files and directories
will uninstall rockbox.

lImbus