Subject: Archos v. Ipods

Archos v. Ipods

From: James Michaloutsos <>
Date: 2006-01-13

With what's available out there today regarding mp3 and video
players/recorders why would people even consider an Archos product given the
size of Ipods? I'm not putting down Archos. I own AJR 20. Purchased it soon
after it first came out. Used it primarily to transfer and backup files.
Since then though I transferred music / cds onto it and left it connected to
my PC at home. But taking it to the gym has been nothing but a problem. The
vibrations on the treadmill caused it to skip; being constantly connected to
an ac power supply at home caused the factory installed batteries to fail.
And itís not convenient to hold, certainly when running on a treadmill. You
can not slip it in a pocket. And the latest Archos video player is at least
$100 more than the 60GB Ipod video player. So why Archos? I really want to
buy Archos, but I need some good reasons for it.