Subject: Re: Archos v. Ipods

Re: Archos v. Ipods

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: 2006-01-14

Frederik Möllers wrote:
>>You can of course place any files you want on your iPod, as it's an
>>compliant USB-Storagedevice. But the iPod has a searchable DB, which
>>isn't updated if you copy Music in this way.
>

> That's what I meant ;)
> And you have to keep the DB sorted, which may be a problem for some people
> who don't care about ID3-Tags and such things...
> For the Archos, you only have to keep the directory/file somehow correct.

Isn't this the Rockbox mailing list?

Rockbox on the iPod behaves in an identical way to all the other Rockbox
targets - no iTunes needed. Just connect the iPod to your computer as a
USB Mass Storage device and drag and drop files.

Of course, Rockbox can't play those files yet, but we're getting there.
 All help is welcome.

Dave.