Subject: RE: Archos v. Ipods

RE: Archos v. Ipods

From: Aman Singer <>
Date: 2006-01-14

        Two issues about the Ipod. First, it's just more expensive than the
market in general, sometimes allot more expensive. On the same track, you're
stuck, I think, with Apple's battery design. On the other hand, I daresay
there are far more ways of powering the unit through accessories. Secondly,
I really don't know how accessible to the blind Rockbox can make the Ipods,
given the touch sensitivity of the wheel. I realize this probably isn't
vitally important to many people, but it will trump most other
considerations for blind purchasers.