Subject: MP3 clip generation with Eloquence

MP3 clip generation with Eloquence

From: Jani Kinnunen <>
Date: 2006-01-15

Hurray! I've just managed to create a Finnish voice file for Rockbox with
the makevoices.vbs script. (Maybe someone remembers the SAPI4 problem I
had.) I did some Google'ing and I found that the SAPI4 setup program doesn't
register the necessary DLL's which are needed for SAPI4 to work correctly.
So I did some magic with the regsvr32 utility. Then I ran the
listvoices_sapi4.vbs script, and FINALLY it shows me all the available SAPI4
synths I have installed.

Now that SAPI4 is working, I have still one question: Is it possible to
generate the file and folder name clips with the Eloquence synthesizer, or
alternatively, with a SAPI4 compatible one? Such a script like the
voicebox.wsf would do the job, but modified so that it would work with SAPI4
or Eloquence.