Subject: Re: Variable speed on the Iriver?

Re: Variable speed on the Iriver?

From: Jens Arnold <>
Date: 2006-01-16

On 16.01.2006, Hamish Mackenzie wrote:

> added shuffle and crossfade. What I want to know is that if on
> my audio book config file I speed up the playback and then
> save this as a new config file then theoretically I could
> switch between the normal speed and a faster one by changing
> config files thus ensuring I always get it back to normal
> speed for music playback? Does that sound right?

This wouldn't work. The playback speed isn't saved in the
settings. A reboot will reset playback speed to 100%. I agree
that there should be a "Reset to normal" button in the pitch

What I'm not sure about is whether the pitch screen should be
voiced (it currently isn't, because this was technically
impossible on the archos units). Depending on the use the voice
could be rather disturbingduring playback, e.g. if the pitch
screen is used for DJing. Opinions?

Regards, Jens