Subject: (O/T) H340 error "Over Current"

(O/T) H340 error "Over Current"

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: 2006-01-16

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I would like to get a quick
answer in case I need to RMA my new unit!

Just got my new H340, upgraded to 1.29E, but am still having the same
problem. Searched (and posted to) the misticriver forums, but can't see
anything. Also Googled with no luck! I even looked on the iriver site and
posted a support mail to them!

Basically, I am trying to attach an external USB device, but I get the
message "Over Current! Remove Device And Press Stop". This happens with
various devices, including camera, archos FM recorder, usb disk
enclosure, usb card reader.

It even happens without a device attached, just the cable.

I have also tried a hard reset using a pin in the appropriate hole,
without success.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Mike Holden