Subject: Re: (O/T) H340 error 'Over Current'

Re: (O/T) H340 error 'Over Current'

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 2006-01-16

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:12 +0000, Mike Holden wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Haven't tried replacing the cable as yet, as I don't have a spare one of
> those type - it's a mini usb, but the "other shape" to the "standard one"
> (if you see what I mean!).

Yeah, I've seen those cables, they're a tad on the funky side. Should be
able to find a replacement somewhere, and I'm betting it's going to be
easier to purchase and test than a new unit via RMA. Do you have a time
limit on the RMA?

> The cable looks intact, and the socket looks ok, no stray wires or bent
> contacts as far as I can see.

Has it been crushed by a drawer, chair, heavy monitor, chewed, bent
excessively... etc

Could just be manufacturing defect.

Andrew