Subject: Re: MP3 clip generation with Eloquence

Re: MP3 clip generation with Eloquence

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2006-01-18

On 18.01.2006, Jani Kinnunen wrote:

> You're right. It can only be used to list all the SAPI 4
> voices you have, not to select them for use. I don't know if
> there's a way for selecting them for use with VoiceBox,
> although I hope that there would be. Maybe someone who knows
> better can inform we about this.

>> I see that this adds another tab in the speech area of
>> control panel where one can select the eloq voices but I dont
>> see how it can be selected for use with voicebox as it is
>> still not an option to select in the text to speech tab, any
>> ideas?

The VoiceBox script supports SAPI5 only, so you can't use SAPI4
voices. Unlike one might think, SAPI5 is not just a newer
version of the speech api, but it also has a very different
programming model.

It would be possible to extend the script to support SAPI4
voices as well, but:

- The script would need its own voice selector and store the
  selected voice in its .ini file. This would be a good idea
  anyway, instead of relying on the speech panel setting.

- When used from a script, SAPI4 only allows realtime operation.
  That means, if you generate clips for 1000 files and folders
  with an average lenght of 2 seconds, the script will take
  more than 2000 seconds (33 minutes).

Regards, Jens