Subject: RE: Digital radio, many cuestions

RE: Digital radio, many cuestions

From: Kaiet Estrada Gamarra <kaiet.estrada.gamarra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:56:54 +0100

>>No, digital radio requires another type of receiver. The receiver in
the
>>iriver is analog only.

I think if the Digital TV could be work with the analogical reciver, I
don't need change "antena" or the TV amplificator for the building I
live, it will be work with the radio also. The receiver is not important
to ear digital, the procesation of signal is the important.

Other thing, could be, de digital radio is emiten in diferent band than
FM and the reciver can't work with these.

>I don't know when the analog radio will be shut down in your country,
>but when it does, you won't be able to listen to radio with your
iriver.

Near, in star of 2007 they can put off analogical signal. And they must
do when 2010 start. If they do before, I think they have help to have
more chanels or others. Could be more faster they will be in off an not
be a analogical radios in 2009. I hope Iriver work more time than these.

The times for Digital television are similars. The stations must be
started at the finish of 2005 the emision or they can losse the
frecuency asignation.

In spain, It is one channel of tv that is not on air, a new channel
who's frecuancy in is these moments okupated ilegally by local channels
in Madrid, where they have the principal instalations.

>please don't take this as an offense, but I'd just wanted to say that
your >english is hard to understand sometimes. It's good that you are
describing >the problems in multiple sentenses, so one can get an
overall view of it.

Not offense. I an not english or american, and english is my third
languaje, and I am not so good with these. I understannd english better
than I spoken o written, and I have problems for know techinal names
translations.

>I don't think analog radio will be shut down on a determined day like
the >analog terrestial television broadcasting may be, because many
radio >stations are "smaller" and are doing the broadcasting on their
own and for >a much smaller group of persons.

The future is here, I'm sorry. Many of the small radio station are
allready working with digital studios, they only must change transmision
systems.

I remember that the Stations of local demarcations/comunities, were
digital in 1998 and they robotized tv in the same year and do all
digital in 2000.

And the important, is not the studios, you can work in analogical and
trasmit in digital.

Another thing, I read that in europe an USA, Fm is between
87.5-107.9MHz, but in japan is in 76-90Mhz. Rockbox can work in radio
mode with these frecuencies. I think now the smaller is 87Mhz.

I have read in the last days, that the new official firmware of Ipod,
put on the radio. It can undestand the RDS technology for identificated
the name of radio station is in the presset, and the RDS techology is
used in FM frecuency.

What is RDS (Radio Data System) technology? Rockbox could use these
technology?

FHarlock

Al final del camino de la vida
Volveras la vista atras
Y siempre sabras que tu juventud fue en la Arcadia