Subject: Re: Digital radio, many cuestions

Re: Digital radio, many cuestions

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2006-01-19

Jens wrote:
> The reasons why AM-receivers are not being build into
> MP3-devices are the other type of antenna (it's not that easy
> to "misuse" the earphones cable as antenna) and the popularity
> of fm-stations. FM has the big advantages of stereo and a
> better sound quality. The fact that AM-stations do not have to

Additionally, AM is technically more susceptible to
interference.

In such a 'digitally polluted' electronic environment as an MP3
player, it would take a lot of shielding & filtering to get
good AM reception.

Thanks for the fine explanation. I wondered about that. I would love to
see AM on my MP3 player as I listen to a lot of hockey and don't get that on
FM. Digital AM would be awesome...rocker