Subject: IRIVER H320 AND ROCKBOX

IRIVER H320 AND ROCKBOX

From: Pele West <pele.west_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:00:47 +0000

Hi Everyone

I am a newcomer to this list, so apologies if the questions I am about to ask have already been covered.

I have an Iriver H320 onto which I have loaded Rockbox. I am registered blind and have chosen Rockbox as it has the options to speak the menus. I
appreciate that the software for the iriver H300 series is still being developed, but I have some questions. I have been through the FAQs on the website, so
apologies if I have missed the answers.

1. I belong to a discussion list in the UK where users have spoken about using Rockbox on their H300 series models. However, I believe all the users have
the H340 rather than the H320. I know the firmware is supposed to be the same, but has Rockbox been tested on the H320?

2. Following on from the previous question, the users all talk about how great it is to be able to navigate through the artists and albums. However, I have
unpredictable results if I try to find an album which is nowhere near the one I am listening to. I have a foolproof navigation method when using Iriver:

While playing:
Press <Navi>
Press <Left> twice to move up the tree to the artists
Press <up> or <down> a number of times to get to a different artist
Press <Navi> to select the artist
Press <Right> to go into the first album for the artist
Press <Navi> to play.

This works fine if I am not moving very far through the list but, as I have already said, the results are unpredictable in most cases. Is there a different way of
navigation? I should say that I have named the files so they are sorted in the way I want them to be.

I have not, as yet, created any voice clips, although I intend to do so.

3. At present I cannot boot into Rockbox as it says "Invalid or Corrupt Playlist" or something like that (I am afraid I cannot read the screen). I have taken off
some files and defragmented the drive. Do you have any other suggestions. I can still boot into Iriver.

4. Is there any documentation on setting bookmarks and creatingvoice clips.

Apologies if this sounds as though I am complaining. I am not, I think Rockbox is great, and I lookforward to having a stable system.

I hope someone will be able to answer some of my questions or point me in the right direction.

Good luck to all the developers and thanks for everything you are doing.

Pele West