Subject: Re: H340, ac power and external battery pack

Re: H340, ac power and external battery pack

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:06:09 +0100

Hi Gary, welcome.

On 1/23/06, Gary O'Donoghue <gary.odonoghue_at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> When I plug the ac power into my h340 or the external battery pack, it
> appears to power up into the Iriver firmware instead of the Rockbox
> firmware. Any one else seen this?

I think it's just not yet implemented in the bootloader.

> Also, Am I right in thinking that the channels menu item under sound
> settings hasn't been implemented yet? I've tried to switch to mono when
> listening to the fm radio, to reduce hiss, but nothing seems to happen.

You have to switch to mono receiption another menu. The channels do
not apply there. It's in the context menu hidden behind a long press
of the middle Navi-Key. You'll get the possibility to "Force Mono".

> I've also looked for a list of supported file types and can't seem to see
> which ones are currently working.

Dunnno. I know that mp3 and maybe ogg are working realtime at the
moment, more to come.
Look, the wiki page "SoundCodecs" is telling that mpc and ac3 are
working as well.

> Finally can someone explain what the button above the AB button is for
> generally speaking? Does it have any use within rockbox?

Strange. You seem to have found the channels settings that is in the
menu behind that button.
For me, it's one of the most important buttons...

lImbus