Subject: Re: Batteries

Re: Batteries

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-24

At 03:23 24/01/2006, you wrote:
>I've got another question...the manual says that the Archos should use...I
>think...NiH batteries. What EXACTLY are these batteries and what should I
>ask for over the counter? Also would Rayovac rechargeables be classified
>as that?

They are commonly called "rechargeable batteries" nowdays ...although they
are actually made from a Nickel Metal-Hydride (NiMH) ...unlike old
rechargeable batteries which were made from Nickel Cadmium (NiCad).

Say something like:
"A pack of 4 Energiser Rechargeable 2500 batteries please"
"No thankyou, I DON'T want one with a recharger"
"Yes, I know"
"No, I still don't want the charger thanks"
"No, not the ones with 1800 written on the pack, the ones with 2500 written
on the pack"
you may need to persist
or better still, order online.

;)