Subject: Re: Need a new player - recommendations appreciated

Re: Need a new player - recommendations appreciated

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-01-24

On 1/24/06, Sharon <sharon25@cox.net> wrote:
> I am sorry for what probably is a silly question at this point, but I
> can't find a list on the Rockbox page of all the different brands
> that Rockbox works on. I have had 3 Archos units, all of which have
> died (and I am not mistreating them) and I'd like something new.
>
> Preferably, I'd like:
>
> Plays alphabetically like the Archos units, and does not require tags.
> Drag-n-drop rather than requiring software to transfer.
> Uses batteries I can replace (loved this about the Archos units).
> As small as possible in physical size.
> At least a gig in memory, or expandable.

The only devices with simple replacable batteries where rockbox is
known to run on are the archos devices you already know AND the archos
ondio. The new irivers all have specific, (almost)-not-changeable
batteries.
The ondio may suit your needs:
- uses three AAAA
- Very small size
- 128 MB of memory BUT expandable by MMC. I have myself a 1 GB
MMC-card, and I think I've seen bigger in the meantime.

lImbus