Subject: Iaudio G3 / ?s1mp3? (was reccomendation)

Iaudio G3 / ?s1mp3? (was reccomendation)

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-24

Nice.

Shame no memory stick hole.

Wonder the the battery can be NiMH and can it be recharged in situ?

I wonder if you have to buy LiIon AA's to get 50hrs playback?

The upgrade program makes it smell like an ATJ20x5 device. Hacking is
currently being attempted by s1mp3.org, #s1mp3 on freenode.net ...but they
are stuck on the undocumented JTAG interface, but I guess some experience
and a little guesswork should make light work of that.

I tried to confirm this by looking at their firmware upgrade pack, but
after reading four screens of info on the procedure I cliked the download
button and it is a broken-link - LOL.

The LCD looks like it has ICONS on it rather than just dots by which to
draw icons. weird. Why are half-their publicity shots upside down? To
prompt you to think that left-handed people wil have to learn to read
upside down?

Their colour schema reminds me of Mr Ford's quote "available in any colour
that you like ...so long as it's black"

BC